I don’t know why I decided to use quinoa in those meat patties, but they worked so well, I was making them every day for each of my customer. First time I used ground veal, then ground turkey and finally ground pork. So, feel free to use any kind of ground meat you have or like, they all work perfectly fine. Same with the herbs, first I used basil and it gave wonderful sweet flavor; then I used tarragon and it was amazing. You can also use parsley or cilantro. Those patties are really forgiving and delicious no matter which herb you use.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (I like white for this recipe)
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- Few sprigs basil
- Salt, pepper
- Place onion, garlic, basil in a food processor and pulse few times.
- Cook quinoa according to the directions and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl place ground meat, herbs, quinoa, season with salt and pepper, make about 2-3 inch round patties and fry them in the skillet or broil in the oven from both sides. It takes about 10 min in the oven and 3 min in the skillet (each side).