Tomato cucumber salad with walnut sauce is a very refreshing summer salad. You will need to use ripe and juicy tomatoes that has a lot of flavor. I recommend you buy them at the farmers market in summer. They are the best. If you can’t find the Georgian spices marigold and blue fenugreek, don’t worry, the salad will be good even without it.
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 small cucumbers, sliced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon each, coriander, blue fenugreek, marigold
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- Place the tomatoes and cucumbers in a bowl.
- In a food processor grind the walnuts, garlic, spices, and salt. Add vinegar and water to thin the paste in the food processor. Drizzle the sauce over the tomatoes and cucumbers, toss well, garnish with the scallions and serve.