Tofu in tomato curry sauce is an amazing combination. I usually make tofu in coconut milk with curry powder, but since i forgot to buy coconut milk and i had some fresh juicy tomatoes, I decided to use them instead. It’s light, flavorful and simple dish that you can put together in 20 minutes.
- 12 ounce extra firm tofu, sliced into 1/3-inch-thick pieces
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 medium size juice tomato, chopped
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- 1 tbsp. basil, chopped
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Heat the oil in the skillet and place tofu pieces, fry them from both sides, remove to the plate.
- Add tomatoes, salt, cayenne and curry powder in the skillet, turn the heat down and simmer for about 5 minutes until they soften and cook through.
- Put tofu pieces back in the skillet, add basil leaves and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings. Remove to the serving platter and garnish with basil leaves.