Tabouli is a very refreshing, easy and delicious summer salad that can be served for lunch or dinner with or without any meat or fish. As I was getting ready for the Tuesday evening concert at Bellard park, I quickly prepared it together with pork and veggie kebobs and didn’t even had time to taste it in order to check the seasoning. Fortunately, it turned out pretty good and everyone loved it.
- 1 bunch fresh Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 3-4 scallions
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups bulgur (cracked wheat)
- 1 cup water, boiled
- Salt, pepper
- Add one cup boiled water and one cup dry bulgur in a small bowl and mix. It will absorb the liquid and soften. It takes 10 minutes.
- Place parsley and scallions in a food processor and pulse couple of times.
- In a bowl, mix together bulgur, tomatoes and cucumbers, add parsley/scallion mixture, drizzle olive oil and lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir well and let it sit for 5-10 minutes in the fridge to incorporate the flavors.