You can use just sweet potato or a mix of regular, white and orange sweet potatoes. Just because I had all of them I thought it would be interesting and pretty. Instead of milk, cheese and butter, I drizzled basil pesto mixed in olive oil, covered with the foil and baked for an hour. Perfect side dish for my basil pesto pork roulades.
- 1 medium size sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium size sweet white potato, peeled and sliced
- 3-4 golden potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 tbsp. basil pesto plus 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan to sprinkle of top
- Using a mandolin slicer, slice all kinds of potatoes. If you don’t have a slicer, use knife. It’ll take time, but eventually you’ll get there and will improve your slicing skills.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a deep baking dish (9X11) assemble potato slices the way you like. Sprinkle salt and pepper on every layer and drizzle the pesto.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan, cover with foil and bake in the oven for at least 45 minutes.
- Uncover the foil and bake for another 15 minutes until the top is golden brown.