Stuffed chicken cutlets is both crunchy and greaseless. The crumbs insulate the delicate chicken meat and help keep it from overcooking.
- 6 chicken cutlets
- 2 eggs
- 3 slices of American cheese
- 3 slices of ham
- 1 tablespoon panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper, place slices of ham and cheese, top with another slice of chicken.
- Dip stuffed cutlets in egg mixture from both sides and dredge in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully place cutlets in hot pan and fry until dark brown and cooked through, 2-3 minutes a side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Serve hot.