Shishito peppers are great snack or side dish. They have wonderful taste and crunch, ginger and soy give additional bite to the dish.
- Shishito peppers 1 pound
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a little olive oil in a wide sauté pan until it is good and hot but not smoking.
- Add the peppers and cook them over medium, tossing and turning them frequently until they blister. They shouldn’t char except in places. Don’t rush. It takes 10 to 15 minutes to cook a panful of peppers. When they’re done, add ginger, soy sauce and black pepper.
- Let it cook for another minute and slide the peppers into a bowl and serve them hot. You pick them up by the stem end and eat the whole thing, minus the stem, that is.