Very simple and delicious salad with cooked crisp bacon, radishes and caramelized figs.
Ingredients for one serving
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bacon stripes, cooked and crumbled
- 2 figs, quartered
- 1 tbsp. balsamic reduction
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Melt butter in a small skillet and add figs, cook on medium law heat for 2 minutes to caramelize from both sides, add balsamic, olive oil, stir and turn the heat off, put aside and let them cool.
- Assemble the salad in a bowl or plate. Put romaine, sliced radishes, red pepper, onions, sprinkle cooked bacon bites and top with the figs, drizzle the olive oil and balsamic sauce over.
- Season with salt and pepper.