Garlic cilantro sauce is one of the traditional sauces we use for roasted chicken, fish or vegetables. It gives the dish an amazing flavor and is very easy to make.
- 1 whole chicken, about 2-3 pounds
- 7-8 garlic cloves
- about 1 cup or a handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Dry the chicken with paper towel, season with salt and pepper and roast the oven with breast side down for 45 minutes. I like to line the baking dish with foil, put cooling rack and then put the chicken on it. 45 minutes later, flip the chicken over and roast another 15 min with skin side up.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor put garlic and cilantro and pulse few times, add water and red pepper flakes.
- After the chicken is cooked and cooled down, cut into pieces, place on a platter and pour the sauce over.