Once you learn how to make those scones, you’ll make them every week if not every day. They are perfect for tea, coffee or milk. The dough is basic and you can add either chocolate chips, raisins, cinnamon or any other dried fruit.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- In a mixing bowl place flour, sugar, salt and baking powder, using your fingers crumble butter into the mixture.
- In a separate bowl whisk milk, eggs and vanilla and gradually pour most of it into the bowl, add raisins, mix well, move the dough on a floured surface and flatten to about 1 inch thickness, cut into squares, triangles or rounds, brush with the rest of the egg and milk mixture and sprinkle sugar.
- Place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and place in the oven. Turn the heat down to 400 and bake for 12-15 minutes until they are golden brown.