I love, love and love this wonderful little grain. Even though quinoa doesn’t have any distinct flavor, by adding lime juice, garlic, fresh herbs and veggies, it makes healthy and delicious meal for lunch or dinner. Great thing about this grain is that, it cooks in 10 minutes, you can freeze part of it and use whenever you want and add whatever fresh veggies, herbs and dried nuts and fruit you have. Quinoa salad goes well with fish, chicken, turkey or pork.
- 1 cup white or red quinoa grains, uncooked
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup snow peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Few sprigs of parsley to garnish
- Cook quinoa according to the directions (1 cup quinoa with 2 cups of water).
- In a small bowl mix together lime juice, olive oil and garlic, add salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- After the quinoa is cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed, add corn and peas, cook for another 2 minutes, add dressing, stir well and serve. You can enjoy it chilled as well.