If you are a quinoa lover, this easy and delicious recipe is for you. Quinoa is a perfect vessel for mostly any vegetables: asparagus, corn, peas, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, you name it. Eggplants are perfect in fall and I use them in many dishes and create some new recipes. Quinoa with roasted eggplants is one of my new creations. You can add zucchini or corn to that.
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 1 medium size eggplant, cubed (1/2 inch size)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- About 1/3 cup oil to fry the eggplants
- Salt, pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to the directions (1 cup quinoa, 2 cups water, covered on medium low heat until the water is absorbed). Keep the pot covered until you have eggplants ready.
- Heat the oil in a wide nonstick skillet on medium high heat and roast the eggplants,season with salt and pepper, stirring (not too much) until they are caramelized from outside and soft inside. Eggplants tend to absorb the oil like a sponge in the beginning and after a while they release it back. Just be gentle while stirring not to break the pieces too much.
- After the eggplants are cooked, add tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes, until they break and get soft.
- Add cooked quinoa and gently mix, taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. You can serve that warm and room temperature as well.