I had some leftover pork, potatoes and beans and decide to put everything together and make a nice hearty stew. It was so delicious that I decided to write down and share with you.
- 1 pound pork butt or shoulder, cut into inch or so pieces
- 2 medium size golden potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cooked pimento beans (or any other)
- 1 large heirloom tomato (or 1 cup tomato sauce)
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 cup water
- Salt, pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium size pot on medium high heat, add pork and onion and cook for 10 minutes, stirring, let the juice evaporate and pork and onion caramelized.
- Add crushed tomatoes, 1 cup water and potatoes, let it boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked
- Add beans, cilantro, season with salt and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes.