Usually I use brown lentils for this salad, as they are firm, but I had orange lentils and had to use them. Orange lentils cook faster and makes a good soup or stew. The salad still turn out delicious but I recommend to use brown ones.
- 1 cup lentils
- ½ red bell pepper, cubed
- ½ cup grated carrots
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- Few sprigs parsley
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Salt, black pepper
- Cook the lentils according to the direction (takes about 25 minutes)
- In a large mixing bowl place all the veggies, add olive oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- After the lentils are cooked (still little firm), drain the water and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Add to the veggies and gently mix.