Grilled veggies with balsamic dressing is a great side dish for meat or fish. In July and August fresh zucchini, yellow squash, eggplants and tomatoes are in season and they are delicious. It’s very simple to place sliced pieces on the grill, add fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and then drizzle good olive oil and balsamic reduction, garnish with basil leaves and you have fantastic side dish or whole meal for supper.
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1 medium size eggplant, sliced into ½ inch thick rounds
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Few slices of fresh mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic reduction
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Few sprigs of basil
- Salt, pepper
- Season the veggies with salt, pepper, olive oil, mix well with hands and place on the grill, cook from both sides.
- Assemble the salad using grilled veggies, sliced tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Drizzle olive oil, balsamic reduction and garnish with basil.