Trip in San Francisco was very inspiring from the point of view of food and wine. We tried to explore as much as we could and embrace the simple, yet delicious flavors of fresh and local food. I tried grilled asparagus with feta and almond dressing at “the girl and the fig” in Sonoma, which was absolutely amazing. After coming back, I tried to recreate this delicious and vibrant dish. It turned out pretty good. I served it with oven roasted chicken.
- 1 pound asparagus
- 3 Tbsp. crumbled feta
- 3 Tbsp. crushed or roughly ground almonds
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Salt, pepper
- Drizzle small amount of olive oil over asparagus, season with salt and pepper and grill them for 5-7 minutes, until they have the grill marks and are crunchy
- Meanwhile, mix together crumbled feta, roughly ground or chopped almonds, balsamic vinegar and olive oil
- After the asparagus are ready, move them on the serving plate and pour the dressing over the grilled asparagus
- Garnish with chopped parsley and sliced almonds.