What makes this potato salad French? Dressing with white wine, mustard, and scallions or chives. There are so many potato salad recipes, it’s hard to pick the right one, but no matter what you pick, most of them will be good, because, it’s potatoes, fresh herbs, olive oil and good seasoning. How can you make it wrong? This French potato salad is creamy, tangy and has lots of good flavors from fresh herbs.
- 2 pounds baby or fingerling potatoes
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Few sprigs of tarragon and dill, chopped.
- Salt, pepper
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling water until just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, let cool for few minutes and cut in halves. They absorb the flavors from the dressing better when they are warm.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. In a bowl, whisk wine, olive oil, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes, stir gently. Add scallions, shallot and herbs.