I love fennel with its mild taste, soft and crunchy texture and pale color that can be mixed with other more colorful vegetables like red bell pepper, carrots or something else.
- 3 medium fennel bulbs, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ lemon juice
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 1 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. high quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Cut the fennel bulb in quarters, remove the thick core from the middle and slice them very thinly using knife or mandolin, which always scares me, so I prefer to use knife. Place in the bowl.
- Thinly slice red bell pepper and place in the same bowl with fennel.
- In a small bowl make the marinade with lemon zest, juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and garlic, season with salt and pepper, whisk and pour over the fennel and bell pepper.
- Stir and garnish with green parts of fennel.