Great appetizer with different flavor and beautiful look. Originally, I wanted to make caramelized fig crostini, but figs were out of season and I noticed plums, so I decided to use them instead. They didn’t have much flavor, so I added coconut oil and lavender for flavor and they turn out fantastic. It was perfect on a toasted baguette and a spread of ricotta.
- 3 plums (makes about 30 slices)
- 1 tsp. lavender
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ cup ricotta
- Baguette slices for toast
- Heat the oven to 350
- Place plum slices in a bowl, drizzle melted coconut oil, sprinkle lavender and using your hands gently mix.
- Place parchment paper over the baking dish and place plum pieces.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until they are soft. Let them cool down and then use on the toast. You can prepare them overnight and use as you need.