This is one of my favorite summer salads. It is refreshing, flavorful, healthy and looks beautiful. You can adjust the quantities, use more fennel, or celery, or any other ingredients. It’s even better on the second day, served for breakfast with poached egg, for lunch with a piece of chicken or for dinner with fish.
- 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 7 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- few sprigs parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Place everything in a large mixing bowl, add vinegar, olive oil and season with salt and pepper, stir and let it sit to incorporate the flavors.