Simple, easy and delicious chickpea salad flavored with carrots, celery, thyme and simple vinaigrette using lemon juice, vinegar and olive oil. It looks pretty and tastes wonderful as well.
- 3 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 3 celery stalks (I like to pick the soft and tender ones from the middle part), thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced or grated
- 1/2 jalapeno, chopped (if you don’t like, skip it)
- 2 tbsp. tarragon, chopped
- Few springs thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. capers
- Salt, pepper
- Place rinsed and drained chickpeas in a large bowl.
- Make vinaigrette in a separate bowl using lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, shallots, jalapeno, tarragon, thyme, olive oil, capers, salt and pepper.
- Add carrots and celery to chickpeas and pour the dressing over, toss well, using potato masher, roughly mash the chickpeas (not too much), this way the dressing is well incorporated in the salad.
- Garnish with thyme and serve.