Chicken stew with thyme is a simple, flavorful and delicious one pot dish, perfect for dinner with family and friends.
- 1 3-4 pound chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- ½ pound white or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound tomatoes, pureed, crushed or chopped
- 1 cup tarragon, roughly chopped
- Few springs thyme, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup olives
- Salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Heat the oil in a large pot or dutch oven, season chicken pieces with salt and pepper and place them in the pot, golden brown from both sides on medium high heat for about 8-10 min, add onions, stir and cook for 3-4 min, add mushrooms and carrots and cook 3 more minutes.
- Add tomatoes, olives, part of tarragon and thyme, garlic, let it boil, cover the pot, reduce the temperature and let it simmer for about 30 min until the meat is cooked through.
- Add the rest of the herbs, taste the seasonings and enjoy!