In Georgia, we usually make chicken salad with walnut paste, but as I had some cashews at hand, I figured, I could use them instead. It is really amazing.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 1 cup cashews, raw and unsalted
- ½ cup or less water
- ½ tsp coriander, ground
- ½ tsp. blue fenugreek, ground
- ½ tsp. marigold, ground
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat he oven to 375F.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper (you can add any kind of seasonings to give additional flavor) and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let them cool down, cube into small cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Add grated carrots and celery.
- In a food processor, place cashews, dry spices and make a fine paste.Add water and pulse one minute until it becomes a paste with consistency of crème fraiche.
- Add the cashew sauce to the chicken, toss, taste and adjust the seasonings. Garnish with chopped cilantro.