Chicken pomodoro features fresh flavors and gorgeous presentation. It’s tender, creamy and vibrant and very simple to prepare at home. Serve with rice, salad or pasta.
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 2 tbsp. oil
- ¼ cup vodka
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/3 cup scallions, sliced
- 2 tbsp. flour
- Salt, black pepper
- Season the cutlets with salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in the skillet on medium high heat. Dredge the chicken cutlets in flour, shake the excess flour and cook them both sides over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Transfer the cutlets to a platter and deglaze the pan with vodka (away from heat); return to the heat and cook until the liquid is nearly evaporated.
- Add water and lemon juice, return the cutlets to pan and cook for about 2 minutes; move to the plate.
- Stir tomato and cream into sauce, heat through and pour over cutlets.
- Garnish with scallions.