Easy and delicious Italian classic _chicken Marsala, perfect for any day. It makes great left overs as well. You can use veal instead of chicken and it’ll become veal marsala.
- 4 chicken cutlets (thin slices)
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup red wine (Marsala or any other one that you have opened. Do not use cooking Marsala wine from supermarkets)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. flour
- Salt, pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil and butter in a skillet on medium high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, dust with flour and cook them from both sides; It takes 2-3 minutes on medium heat; move them into the dish.
- Add 1 tbsp. oil in the same skillet and saute mushrooms on high heat, add salt and pepper; let them caramelize and then add wine, place chicken pieces back into the pan, reduce the heat on low, cover the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add heavy cream, shake the pan, add the rest of the cold butter, let it melt, stir and garnish with parsley.