Chicken chili with spinach and corn is a hearty fall one pot meal. I like to add a bottle of light beer to give the dish a distinct flavor.
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups corn
- Few handful of baby spinach (about 3-4 cups)
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bottle beer (whatever you have handy)
- ½ jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- Heat the pot on medium high heat. Because I use chicken thighs, that has some fat on, I don’t use any oil, just make sure the pot is hot when you add chicken. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring, let all the moisture evaporate.
- Add onions and garlic, turn the heat down and cook until onions are softened about 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add corn, garlic, jalapeno and cook for 5 more minutes
- Add beer and deglaze the pot, let it boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add spinach, cilantro, chili powder, salt, cook for 5 more minutes and turn the heat off.