I was planning to make creamy chicken and broccoli with coconut milk, but then I saw curry powder and leftover pieces of mango and I thought that would be a great addition to the rest of the ingredients. The dish smells fantastic and tastes even better, sweet and spicy, creamy and crunchy, it’s all there.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 cups broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 carrot, sliced
- ½ red or orange pepper, sliced
- ½ mango, cubes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 lime zest, juice
- 1 tsp. ginger grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Cilantro to garnish
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet and cook chicken over medium-high heat for about 3-4 min, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots and pepper and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets and cook lightly for about a minute.
- Add the grated ginger, garlic and mango, stir and cook for another minute.
- Add the coconut milk, curry powder, cayenne pepper, lime juice and zest, let it simmer for a minute, turn the heat off, garnish with cilantro leaves and serve over the rice.