Shrimp with lemon and thyme is a simple, delicious, fast and easy meal that can be put together in 10 minutes, in case your shrimp is cleaned already. Make sure you have lots of garlic, good olive oil, butter, lemon, any herbs you like and wine if you feel like it. Put everything out and have them ready, because you need to be fast, when you start the process.
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned
- 5 garlic cloves (or as many as you feel like), finely chopped, I like to use chopper for that
- 1 lemon, use about 1 tsp zest and all the juice out of it
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. cold butter
- 1 tbsp. thyme, chopped
- ¼ cup white wine (whatever you like to drink and have on hand)
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil over the medium heat and saute garlic for a minute or so, stirring, don’t burn it, you just need to soften it and flavor the oil.
- Add shrimp on one layer and cook for about 30 second, when they turn pink, flip them over and cook another 30 seconds,
- Add white wine and cook for a minute.
- Add lemon zest, juice, thyme, salt and pepper and turn the heat off in a minute. That’s it.