Beef stroganoff is a gray and boring colored dish, but you can always add some fresh herbs to give it a fresh look. Taste is a subtle, but very comforting dish, especially on cold winter days like today. Usually, it’s served with egg noodles and it’s a real deal.
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- ½ medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup sour cream
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper
- Parsley to garnish
- Heat the oil in a skillet and cook the beef for just 1 min from each side, don’t overload the pan, cook on a single layer, remove from the pan.
- Add the onions and cook over medium heat until tender for 4-5 min. Add the sliced mushrooms, sprinkle salt and pepper, add bay leaf and increase the heat to caramelize the mushrooms for about 3-4 min.
- Add sour cream, mix well and place the steak pieces together with the juice back in the skillet, simmer over medium heat for about 2 minutes until the meat is heated through. Add the chopped parsley and serve with egg noodles or just like is.