You can make this salad with shrimp, chicken or just vegetables. You can use any of your favorite fresh vegetables like snow peas, carrots, red bell pepper, corn, peas. The important thing is to make the dressing. Toasted sesame seed oil, soy sauce and ginger give the salad the Asian flavor. It’s very refreshing and beautiful.
- 1 package buckwheat noodles (comes with three bundles). It’s easier to break them in half before you cook them
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned and cooked
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup corn, cooked
- 2 green onions (or more), chopped
- Few sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame seed oil
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (add more if you want it spicy)
- Cook the buckwheat noodles according to the directions (3-4 minutes), drain and rinse in cold water, add part of the sesame seed oil to avoid sticking.
- In a small bowl mix ginger, soy sauce and toasted sesame seed oil.
- In a large bowl mix all the salad ingredients and pour the sauce over, gently stir, taste and add salt if it needs. Garnish with cilantro.