With very few calories and tons of flavor arugula is a great green to help maintain a healthy weight without sacrificing great tasting foods. As one of the best vegetable sources of Vitamin K, arugula provides a boost for bone and brain health. Centuries ago Romans discovered an unlikely quality of this leafy green. Finding that those who ate it on a regular basis were more sexually energized, it became revered as a powerful aphrodisiac. It has since been used as a sensual enhancer throughout many regions of the world, and often combined with other aphrodisiac herbs like lavender and chicory to create a somewhat of a love potion. Pairing it with sweet strawberries, salty feta and toasted pecans creates wonderful texture and flavors.
- 1 bag of baby arugula leaves (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup crumble feta
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic reduction
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- In a small bowl toss strawberries with 1 tablespoon of balsamic reduction, let it sit for 5 minutes.
- In another small bowl, whisk together remaining balsamic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In a salad serving bowl toss together arugula, strawberries, dressing, crumbled feta and toasted pecans.