Makes one 11 by 8-inch tart
Ingredients for the crust
Ingredients for the filling
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- ½ cup cranberry sauce (I used homemade, you can use fresh cranberries as well)
- 2 tbsp. sliced almonds
- In a food processor, pulse all the ingredients for the crust until combined. Spray nonstick spray on the baking dish. Press the dough evenly on the pan and freeze until firm for 20 min. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350F, bake the crust for 20 min, let it cool.
- In a large bowl whisk together sugar, salt, almond flour and baking powder, whisk in eggs, butter and milk until well combined. Pour filling in the crust. Add cranberry sauce and using the fork, mix lightly. If you are using fresh cranberries, just place them on top, that will sink in while baking. Sprinkle sliced almonds and bake for 20-30 minutes, until the filling is set.
- Let it cool and sprinkle powdered sugar.